The Upper Valley Community Band has enjoyed a long history of making music together, starting in 1970 as the Hanover-Norwich Band. The band was led by several different conductors until 1990 when Carole Blake, music teacher at Mascoma High school assumed the position of music director. That same year the name of the band was changed from the Hanover-Norwich Band to the Upper Valley Community Band to more accurately reflect the “home towns” of its members. Two members of our band, Elisa Rice (trumpet) and Willie Black (bassoon/trombone) have been active since the 1970 reincarnation! The band is currently under the leadership of interim conductor Cindy Boehm-Patenaude.
- Boy Scouts of America March — John Philip Sousa, ed. Schissel
- Ammerland — Jacob De Haan
- What’s Up at the Symphony — arr. Jerry Brubaker
- Clear Track Polka — Eduard Strauss, arr. Alfred Reed
- Blues Brothers Revue –arr. Jay Bocook